Monday, November 8, 2010

08. Package Design #1

For our packaging design assignment I decided to choose 'Carol's Daughter' -- which is an African American owned business that sells organic beauty products -- from hair to bath products.

I've always been a fan of Carol's Daughter, but was never fond w. the packaging design. When I think of Carol's Daughter -- I think chic, sexy, modern (which is exactly how the products make you feel), but when you see the actual packaging it doesn't relay that message across at all. In fact, it's very boring.

So, I decided to take it upon myself & rebrand Carol's Daughter. At the completion of the project I will have redesigned their logo, bags, business card/gift card & most importantly -- their product labels.

This is just a rough draft from my sketches for one of the hair products on mock-up 2 oz. jar labels -- for the most part, the dimensions may be off right now. I decided to differentiate the hair & bath products by using two different color palettes. And within the hair products, each different color is going to be represented by a 'HAIR TYPE' -- which Carol's Daughter's products already has products for each of the hair types.

There are current 5 HAIR TYPES: All, Normal to Dry, Dry to Damaged, Chemically Treated & Natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment